This rare 1950 356/2 aluminum bodied Porsche Gmund Coupe was one of the first production cars made in Gmund, Austria. It has the distinction of being the 45th Porsche built with chassis number 356/2-045. There was a total production of 52 units built in Gmund, with an additional 11 bodies created later for competition cars. Chassis 356/2-045 was built in Gmund and shipped to Scania Vabis in Sweden on July 18, 1950. Porsche would sell a combined 15 Gmunds to the truck manufacturer Scania Vabis, which was also VWs importer in Sweden. The Gmund cars as they are known, truly represent the success story of Porsche. These skillfully built cars represent Dr. Ferdinand Porsche’s “first clear statement of purpose for building personal sports cars.” The 1950 Gmund has three main original components
On August 21, 2011 Road Scholars Restorations won 1st in Class at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours. After a two-year restoration project for Hans Peter Porsche, Road Scholars debuted the 1949 Porsche Gmund Coupe to take First in Class in the Class O-2 Postwar Sports Closed.