As Collections Manager of LeMay – America’s Car Museum in Tacoma Washington, Renée Crist has sampled every classic automobile you can imagine. So when it came time to purchase a vintage sports car, she had a lot to consider.
The Porsche Speedster and Carrera models continue to drive the 356 blue chip market. Both these 356 models have become iconic, but for different reasons: the Speedster for it’s alluring minimalist styling cues, and the Carrera for its mythical four-cam engine performance attributes.
In our brief April issue we consider collectibles, what makes a Porsche a desirable possession. Through our regular contributor Randy Wells, we meet about Renée Crist, someone who really knows about collectible automobiles as the collections manager
Video by Trey Devon
Highlighted custom features of the Road Scholars Cayman GTR
* Custom mixed BASF paint in “Burgundy” color – inspired by our 1949 Porsche 356 Gmund restoration
* 911 GT3RS front clip conversion
* Hand fabricated all metal “Wide Body” treatment to doors and quarter panels
* Custom made 1 of 1 rear bumper to fit widened quarter panels
* Shaved roof rails
* 2016 GT4 wing in carbon fiber
* GT3RS Cup Car front lip, hand-made in carbon fiber